last update: June 24, 2003
2003 Japan-Korea Joint Workshop
on Algorithms and Computation
Photos at WAAC03
7/3 morning : afternoon
7/4 morning : afternoon
The aim of this workshop is to provide a forum for researchers
working in algorithms and the theory of computation,
to promote the exchange of recent results, to foster new collaborations
Hystorically, the workshop has established for the purpose of
researchers of Japan and Korea; however, paritcipation from any country
The workshop is organized by the Special Interest Group on Algorithms
(SIGAL) of Information Processing Society of Japan in cooperaton with
SIGTCS of Korean Information Society and SIGCOMP of IEICE.
- WAAC 1995: July 20--21, 1995, at Osaka Electro-Communication University, Japan
- WAAC 1996: August ??--??, 1996, at KAIST, Taejon, Korea
- WAAC 1997: July 25--26, 1997, at Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
- WAAC 1999: July 19--20, 1999, at Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- WAAC 2000: July 21--22, 2000, at University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- WAAC 2001: June 28--29, 2001, at Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
- Automata, languages and computability
- Algorithms (combinatorial/graph/geometric/randomized)
- VLSI and parallel algorithms
- Networks and distributed algorithms
- Learning theory and data mining
- Number theory and cryptography
- Graph drawing and visualization
- Computational logic
- Combinatorics and optimization
Kunsoo Park (Seoul National University)
- Tetsuo Asano (JAIST, Japan)
- Hwan-Gue Cho (Pusan National University, Korea)
- Joonsoo Choi (Kookmin University, Korea)
- Satoshi Fujita (Hiroshima University, Japan)
- SeokHee Hong (University of Sydney, Australia)
- Keiko Imai (Chuo University, Japan)
- Kazuo Iwama (Kyoto Univserity, Japan)
- Sang-Ho Lee (Co-chair Ewha Womans University, Korea)
- Takeshi Tokuyama (Co-chair, Tohoku University, Japan)
- Takeaki Uno (National Institute of Informatics, Japan)
- Takeshi Tokuyama (Chair, Tohoku University, Japan)
- Akiyoshi Shioura (Tohoku University, Japan)
- Takao Nishizeki (Tohoku University, Japan)
- Sung Kwon Kim ( Chun-Ang University, Korea)
- Kyung-Yong Chwa (KAIST, Korea)
Program is now available.
( program )
The workshop will be held at
Sendai City Information & Industry Plaza ,
the 6th floor of
AER Building .
AER Building is the tallest building in downtown Sendai,
and very close to Sendai Station
(see the map around Sendai station
and workshop venue)
Transportation to Workshop Venue
From Korea to Japan:
There are direct flights between Seoul and Sendai by
There are also many flights between Seoul and Narita (Tokyo).
web site of Sendai Airport
From Sendai Airport to Sendai
Station and Workshop Venue:
Airport Limousine is a convenient way to go to
It takes about 40 minutes and costs 910 yen for one way.
Then, you will see AER building, which is
the tallest building around Sendai Station.
It will take about one minute on foot to AER Building, the workshop venue.
Deadline of the registration has been passed --
June 15, 2003.
List of participants
We would like participants to pay the registration fee on site
by Japanese yen.
| Regular || 10,000 yen |
| Student (with Banquet) || 5,000 yen |
| Student (without Banquet) || free of charge |
If you would like to pay by bank transfer, please contact us
Banquet will be held on July 3, 18:15 -- 20:15
Hotel JAL City Sendai.
Links to Online Hotel Reservation Sites:
Links for Sightseeing in Sendai
July 3-4, 2003 --- workshop
Questions or Comments
Please send an e-mail to